There are subtle differences between all 4 types of hair. The differences are more apparent in the hair's reaction to water, heat or air drying. For longer lasting curls on any of the hair, it is recommend to roller set hair with a hair setting lotion.
- They all have natural movement and will never tangle or shed unlike non-remy or non-virgin hair.
- They are all available in wavy, straight or curly textures.
- The colors are not even through out the weft. You will get a few patches where strands maybe lighter or darker than the rest of the weft. This is normal and typical of hair from a sunny country where hair lightens with exposure to the sun.
Malaysian Hair - Malaysian hair at first can appear excessively shiny but after the first 2/3 washes the shine lessens considerably to take on a more natural appearance. Curls will not loosen or drop with time but maintain their form for the entire day. No product is required to maintain the curl. Avoid using too oil spray on this hair as it will make the hair very shiny and appear 'wiggy'. Malaysian hair is also softer and silker in texture than Indian hair.
Indian Hair - Indian hair tends to dry into a beautiful wave which ranges from a slight wave to very wavy, although it straightens and curls very easily. The hair holds curls very well but they do loosen slightly but will never totally fall out unless you are in a humid or damp environment.
Brazilian Hair - This hair is silkier and shinier in texture than Indian Hair. It is available in wavy, straight or curly textures. The Straight textures are not bone straight but tends to curly beautifully at the end. This hair holds curls very well and tends to hold curls longer than the Indian Hair.
Peruvian Hair - This hair is a little coarser and thicker in texture than Indian or Brazilian hair. It blends well with normal African-American relaxed hair textures and medium Caucasian hair textures. The hair is available in wavy, straight or curly textures. The curly texture becomes more curly when wet or washed.
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Air drying is highly recommended for all three types of hair after washing and conditioning.
- Try to always use a moisturizing leave in conditioner. Avoid having to use any other grooming products between washes.
- Use alcohol free serums or products on hair. This will not dry out the hair and make it frizzy.
- Do not apply any heavy oils on hair as they will seep on to the hair extension, in turn weighing it down and resulting in restricted movement and potential tangling.