How To Shampoo DreadlocksShampooing your dreadlocks can take place in the shower if they are extremely long. You will need a few things however keep in mind that there are manufactorer that make wonderful shampoos just for dreadlocks.
- 2 towels
- deep cleansing shampoo
- moisturizing shampoo
- leave in conditioner
- antiseptic (seabreeze)
- Spray moisturizer
- pomade for palm-rolling
Shampoo Dreadlocks Instructions.If there is a dandruff issue, gently scratch scalp to loosen scaly skin from scalp. Use dandruff shampoo on scalp after completely saturating hair with water and let it sit for 5-10 minute to treat scalp
- Proceed to shampoo the dreadlocks with deep cleansing shampoo. You will be doing alot of squeezing and shampooing to thoroughly move shampoo thorough out the hair for 5-10 minutes. Depending on hair density.(thickness)
- Rinse well.
- Proceed to second shampoo with moisturising shampoo. Hair should really lather up this time and remove any left over dry skin, lint or, perspiration. While shampoo is in your hair pour in antiseptic and continue to shampoo. Let sit for 5-7 minutes to remove all odors and bacteria.
- Rinse well. I know this feels good but rinse :) If you like use more after rinse and leave in.
- Wrap hair with towels to absorb all moisture. Squeeze until all water is removed.
- Use spray bottle for leave in conditioner if liquid form. Rub leave in cream forms in with hands.
- Spray moisturizers onto hair to prevent excessive breakage and brittle hair.
- Palm roll with favorite wax or pomade